Shoes, Dresses, Jewelery & More

Here we go..

February 28, 2011

Going Higher and Higher!


Finally we have shifted to the 4th floor in our new SEZ facility. And, I have to tell you that there were quite a few disgruntled employees. I as always have been the one who complains the most. Yesterday I could not make it to work because of my “so called migraine”. Tsk tsk. So here I am at work today. Here is what I am complaining about:
 The cubicle dividers are way too high. Especially for me since I am of an oriental decent, I am naturally “quite” short. Therefore I cannot see anyone or anything other than the formidable plastic walls.
 The breadth of the tables is less compared to the previous ones. Not that it is deterring in any manner, I just miss the broad ones.
 The colors of the cloth on the dividers are dirty yellow and dirty green. The green looks like the color of mucus when you have a really bad cold. Yeah, exactly yuck!
 Its way too congested here. The CPU is on the table and the wires are have claimed half of the space on the table and with two monitors its all the more messy.
 The table is high. In fact too high. Even when my chair is elevated to the highest. The ergonomics of my work space totally sucks.
 The toilets are still under maintenance. If we want to there are bogs on the ground floor. But since I have kidneys the size of peas, it really does not help. As a result I go to the “work in progress” toilet and there is something very discomforting about peeing with wires hanging everywhere.
 Our landlines have been shuffled again, which means that I have lost all the numbers that were saved. This only means that I will be receiving calls for someone else for quite sometime now.
 We have to walk at least a mile to get a cup of coffee and even then its 1/4th coffee and the rest is water. It’s a constant battle between me and the coffee machine.
 Our floor is not carpeted. They have tiles. Yes looks very unprofessional.
 What else, the Team Leaders are seated right next to out cubicle.
These are the things that we have to endure all in the name of making your tummy smile. As I climb higher in the building, I have a sense that the quality of my company’s compassion for its employees is going down. Sad but true. Right now I’m very disgruntled all because it’s very inconvenient for me to type. I guess that is the price I have to pay for being short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment