Shoes, Dresses, Jewelery & More

Here we go..

March 1, 2011

Never Heard of The Beatles. Get Bee-Stunk!



So this weekend I had practically nothing to do other then watch the cricket match with my boyfriend and his friends. My clean sanctum was converted into a make shift bachelor’s pad as soon as a couple of size 9 shoes walked in. At the end of it all I was left to clean the room and pick up beer bottles and by the way they seemed to be playing hide and seek with me, because every time I cleared a few, a few would materialize again in most curious corners of the house.
Anyways, Saturday night me and Watson (my boyfriend) where watching American Idol Season 10. The theme was Beatles Love. I could barely conceal my excitement since I’m a major Beatles Fan. Their songs have a special place in my heart because I grew up listening to them. They have helped me through breakup, they have made me just burst out a dance move. I have cried and laughed and their music has touched me. Maybe it’s also because my dad, mum and I would sing to their tunes and dance when we were a normal happy family. So there I was all psyched up. And as my favorites were all getting ready there were actually quite a lot of them who have never heard of them before! I thought, “You must be kidding me right”! Seriously never heard of them. It’s like saying that they have never heard of Frank Sinatra or Peggy Lee. I mean they probably have a song for everything and probably every emotion known to mankind. I’m not kidding, here are a few:
1. A Hard day’s Night: for the common man, the bread winner of the family who works day in and out.
2. And I Love Her: An undying love song for the love of our life
3. Back in the USSR : About a spy who is back in his country
4. Can’t Buy me Love: Where they choose love over earthly possessions
5. Yesterday: A haunting melody about a procrastinating man
6. When I’m Sixty Four: An everlasting love song; confirming if your lover is always going to be there.
7. Revolution: Beatles take on the war in Vietnam.
And I can go on and on. They have touched the hearts of millions and there are people who have conveniently forgotten about them. Listen to them not just because they were pretty boys but because their songs have such wonderful connotations, because they have songs that you can truly relate to, because their songs will bring joy to you, because their songs are truly universal in appeal.
Check this out for a whole lot of information on The Beatles: http://www.aboutthebeatles.com/
I cannot seem to say Let It Be rather I would say Help! Help the people who have never heard Beatles. Listen to The Beatles and you shall Twist And Shout now and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment