Shoes, Dresses, Jewelery & More

Here we go..

March 8, 2011

Democracy to the Hilt?



So there I was sitting in my over stuffed bus on the way home from work. I don’t know whether I’ve told you but where we are located right now is a huge township and it’s still under construction. Maybe 10% is completed. The entire place is crisscrossed with re-bars and concrete. Anyways since there are wide open spaces that are waiting for the construction to begin, guess what, it looks as though the laborers have found a way of utilizing them.
So where was I? Oh! Yeah I was on my way from on the bus. As I was staring at the picturesque sun far away setting down, it looked as if it was going down in a blaze of glory. The color was crimson, red, pink and all colors imaginable married from the family of pink and red. I was thinking of taking a nice long shower and the yummy dinner I was going to make when my dream was interrupted by a rather disturbing and unpleasant site.
There was this man standing in the middle of a wide open space and PEEING! Yes you hear me right, Peeing. Of all the places, that was the only space he found to pee. I was telling my friend Harsha that there is going to be a house there pretty soon, so he’s probably laying down the foundation, jokingly off course. I was like he can at least seek the shade of some tree or face a wall. But this act was a blatant display of his democratic rights, I think. Or come to think of it maybe he just needed to go bad. Whatever it is, men in India seriously need to rethink this whole peeing in the public status. It’s so not cool! I leave you with a joke that my friend once told me:
The idea of democracy in the USA is: To be able to kiss in public
The idea of democracy in India is: To be able to pee in public.
I choose kiss any day. What would you choose?
Check this out

4 comments:

  1. gud one shrada di awesum piece with sum lessons to take n solid humour hee hee..u tah ma idol hoh..undastood......these men in india misusing their democratic rights....but i guess if u actually go through the constitution of india.....which is very vast....sumwhere we'll cum across a law or an act which states this shameless act to be illegal...so dig in shrada di...n yes m with you...would choose kiss anyday...but tht too indians are not far behind....rememba firnagi pani???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx dear.. and idol and all ha.. flattered! Muah
    and yes I remember Firangi Pani.. That was just too much PDA for my taste.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i'm so annoyed my comment just got erased argh!!!!nwaz anything for my grlfren;)

    ha loved the piece bug and while reading it u brought back nightmares cz where i am at the moment i forgot the "ways" of indian men and here you will never come close to encountering such filthy manners but then when they get drunk, they even out run the indian men..lol..tough competition for them haha.i loved the part how u described the sun setting,the scene was crystal clear to me. about the choices tat u have put forward its hands down kissing but then when u come to think of it if tat was "legal" in india i guess we would be as disgusted as seeing a man pee...got it;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol.. yeah I get it. What is there they can blame it on the booze. Here it is not because of the booze, here I dont know what to blame it on! hehe.. Just trying to write a bit.. Hopefully I keep writing.. I have some more so keep checking in k.. Muah

    ReplyDelete